Monday, November 23, 2009

Method 5

I understand the need for privacy for our patrons, however, it seems to me that when they attend a public event that they are in essence giving their permission to be photographed and have that photograph used by the library for promotional purposes. Maybe having a photo release form to sign when they sign in to our activities is a good idea...

As to using Flickr- while I see the advantage of posting photos on our library website, I don't see the benefit of posting photos of our library or our events on Flickr. What purpose does that serve either the library, the patrons, or the general public.... ? It's not like I'm posting pictures of my kids for the grandparents who live out of state to view. I just don't see the benefit for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment